Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today, and I saw my Doctor; six more weeks of winter and four more weeks of chemotherapy. Everything is fine, turns out something as little as exercise can increase the amount of LDH in my blood. The plan is to stay the course. I was half expecting the doctor to tell me to give up: “The chemo isn’t working and… uh, well, I don’t know what to say except, I guess… you can go now”. At which point I’d hang my head and begin my slow march out of his office, down the hall, out the front door and straight to the nearest snow bank where I would await my fate. But as luck would have it, I’m not lying in a snow bank and the chemotherapy seems to be doing its job. I didn’t march out of his office and into a snow bank. I took the elevator to the sixth floor and had a salad. I have decided not to ask for copies of my lab work anymore. I don’t speak chemistry

7 comments:

  1. It seems you must've fallen asleep while typing...I do that too. But you did remind me and gave a great visual of Cipher in the Snow. But obviously, you don't fit the part. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably a good idea to wait til ur doctor reads your labs....why add extra stress to ur life.Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Milo- My name is Kendra Webster. I found you through Liz. I have been inspired through your story. I hope you dont mind I will be coming to your fundraiser next Tuesday. I also wanted to post this on my blog so anyone else can attend as well. Ill be thinking about you daily. Ill be praying for you.
    - Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milos - K Dice (Katherine) just shot me over a text yesterday telling me about your fundraiser and situation. I'm sorry I didn't find out sooner, but I'm following your progress now. Be strong, more surfing needs to be done by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome :) Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! it's almost tomorrow...which means it's almost your benefit--birthday partay! i've had loads of fun being in your service. Cant wait to hug you while you are standing up and not in your lazyboy-chemo chair. love you!!

    Lizzie & co.

    can't wait for you to see your special birthday cake and "blow" out the candles ;) crap didn't even think about candles...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete